Girls on the Run of North Central West Virginia
What is Girls on the Run?
Girls on the Run is a transformational physical activity based positive youth development program for girls in 3rd-8th grade. We teach life skills through dynamic interactive lessons and running games. The program culminates with the girls being physically and emotionally prepared to complete a celebratory 5K running event. The goal of the program is to unleash confidence through accomplishment while establishing a lifetime appreciation of health and fitness. More about what we do…
We inspire girls to be joyful, healthy and confident using a fun, experience-based curriculum which creatively integrates running.
We envision a world where every girl knows and activates her limitless potential and is free to boldly pursue her dreams.
Our Core Values:
Girls on the Run honors its core values. We strive to:
- Recognize our power and responsibility to be intentional in our decision making
- Embrace our differences and find strength in our connectedness
- Express joy, optimism and gratitude through our words, thoughts and actions
- Nurture our physical, emotional and spiritual health
- Lead with an open heart and assume positive intent
- Stand up for ourselves and others
- Uses fun games to teach important skills and healthy habits
- Prepares girls to complete a local 5k run/walk event
- Encourages girls at all fitness levels
- Involves participants in a local community service project
- Is led by trained coaches who serve as positive role models for healthy living
- Provides participants with a t-shirt, water bottle, and snacks
- Provides each girl with a free running stride evaluation courtesy of HealthWorks Rehab & Fitness
- Open to girls in grades 3 – 8
- Find us on Facebook!
- Follow us on Twitter!