Girls on the Run of North Central West Virginia
Welcome to Girls on the Run! – a life-changing, non-profit program for girls in the 3rd through 8th grade.
We inspire girls to be joyful, healthy and confident using a fun, experience-based curriculum which creatively integrates running.
We envision a world where every girl knows and activates her limitless potential and is free to boldly pursue her dreams.
The 24-lesson Girls on the Run curriculum combines training for a 5K (3.1 miles) running event with lessons that inspire girls to become independent thinkers, enhance their problem solving skills and make healthy decisions. All of this is accomplished through an active collaboration with girls and their parents, schools, volunteers, staff, and the community.
Girls on the Run
- Uses fun games to teach important skills and healthy habits
- Prepares girls to complete a local 5k run/walk event
- Encourages girls at all fitness levels
- Involves participants in a local community service project
- Is led by trained coaches who serve as positive role models for healthy living
- Provides participants with a t-shirt, water bottle, and snacks
- Provides each girl with a free running stride evaluation courtesy of HealthWorks Rehab & Fitness
- Open to girls in grades 3 – 8
- Find us on Facebook!
- Follow us on Twitter!