Girls on the Run of North Central West Virginia
GIRLS ON THE RUN FOR GROWN UPS!
Click here for more details
What is Girls on the Run?
Girls on the Run is a transformational physical activity based positive youth development program for girls in 3rd-8th grade. We teach life skills through dynamic interactive lessons and running games. The program culminates with the girls being physically and emotionally prepared to complete a celebratory 5K running event. The goal of the program is to unleash confidence through accomplishment while establishing a lifetime appreciation of health and fitness. More about what we do…
We inspire girls to be joyful, healthy and confident using a fun, experience-based curriculum which creatively integrates running.
We envision a world where every girl knows and activates her limitless potential and is free to boldly pursue her dreams.
Our Core Values:
Girls on the Run honors its core values. We strive to:
- Recognize our power and responsibility to be intentional in our decision making
- Embrace our differences and find strength in our connectedness
- Express joy, optimism and gratitude through our words, thoughts and actions
- Nurture our physical, emotional and spiritual health
- Lead with an open heart and assume positive intent
- Stand up for ourselves and others
- Uses fun games to teach important skills and healthy habits
- Prepares girls to complete a local 5k run/walk event
- Encourages girls at all fitness levels
- Involves participants in a local community service project
- Is led by trained coaches who serve as positive role models for healthy living
- Provides participants with a t-shirt, water bottle, and snacks
- Provides each girl with a free running stride evaluation courtesy of HealthWorks Rehab & Fitness
- Open to girls in grades 3 – 8